Excited to be presenting at TTAT tomorrow morning, check out the agenda below and join us if you can.
Using Whole Scale Strategic Planning to engage new people and grow biking and Walking in Our Communities
Date/Time: Friday, March 28, 10:30 to 11:45AM | Location: Grape Creek
Tweet about your experience: #TTAT2014 #SGEndeavors #CommunityStrategy @JeremyGrandstaf
The purpose of this workshop is to come together as interested stakeholders to build capacity for local/regional advocacy organizations and agencies and to learn how to create a functioning and actionable strategy with buy-in and support from the community we serve.
In this workshop, we aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Create a common understanding of the opportunities that community-driven strategic planning provides for our organizations and agencies;
- Learn about approaches we can use to successfully engage our communities to help advance walking and biking initiatives; and,
- Gain real-life perspective through experience, successes and examples from other communities.
- 10:30: Welcome and overview
- Who we are, what we do, and why?
- Theories that guide our work
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Real-life successes from other organizations
- 11:00: Advancing cycling in Texas—small group activity to gain some experience with what we’ve learned
- 11:30: Questions and answers
- 11:40: Wrap up and evaluation
- 11:45: Adjourn