Check out this recent post on The Collective Impact Forum that highlights how S & G Endeavors’s collaborative approach is creating dialogue and shaping future actionable discussions in our Nation’s capital.
The post, written by Kimberley Jutze (of Shifting Patterns Consulting, one of our partners on this project), unveils how thirty people came together in September to discuss creating an economy that is more “livable, equitable, and environmentally sustainable” for all.
The result: the participants, and the client Community Vision Partners, left with some clear steps which will spur action and collaborative dialog around:
- Defining exactly what a better economy for all means;
- Mapping organizations and informal groups that should be part of the dialog;
- Determining whether a separate organization or entity is needed to support this work;
- Exploring opportunities for collaboration across sectors and with existing efforts; and,
- Ensuring that future discussions fully represent the diversity of the people served by “a better economy.”
Next steps include securing the needed funding and forming a design team of major stakeholders for this project. Community Vision Partners would then work with that team to host a collaborative summit that would engage residents and leaders to help answer the questions above and to create the action plans to support the needs of “a better economy” for residents in the DMV region.
Check out this must read blog again here; For those looking for investment or write-off opportunities, this project may also interest you.
Special thanks to the Collective Impact Forum for posting the blog. We appreciate all of your work “to achieve social change through organizational collaboration.”
And, we’re looking forward to working with Community Vision Partners and Shifting Patterns Consulting on this and other projects that are evolving in the DMV.